Walk and Help Save Lives
The American Heart Association Heart Walk
Your local American Heart Association Heart Walks are fitness walks that bring companies and communities together to fight heart disease and stroke. While you can register to walk by yourself, it's more fun to join a team at your company. It provides friendly competition and gives you a reason to get fit and train for the walk. It also creates unity by bringing coworkers together for a common cause.
The Benefits of Participating
On top of raising money for lifesaving research, you can help your company and coworkers:
- Increase company pride. Surveys show that over 90 percent of employees feel proud if their company supports an important outside cause.
- Build skills. Volunteer work can help you hone skills you can use at home and on the job. These include leadership, decision-making, problem-solving, time management, negotiating, networking and goal-setting.
- Shine in the community. Supporting the Heart Walk can help enhance community relations. Many companies print T-shirts for their walkers to display their spirit and raise their company profile.
- Give a boost. Giving back to the community can also boost your productivity, office morale, job satisfaction and loyalty.
- Promote health. It's a great way to let your bosses know you care about your health and wellness.
Getting Your Company Started
Whether you think your company should become a sponsor, have an area at the walk, or get a team involved, our local team members are experts at helping you get the ball rolling. They'll even interact with your HR representative if it helps get your company started.
Find your local American Heart Association office and reach out for help.
If your company already has a team or you would like to join as an individual, all you have to do is register with the nearest Heart Walk.